Friday, May 21, 2010

Food is a medicine for your body

I asked myself in April 2009 - what if I consider food as medicine for my body ? Can I consider food as something that makes my body function better each day and makes be better - physically and mentally. This question led to many other questions like - How can I sustain my energy levels with less food ? Do I control my portions ? Do I entirely eliminate some things from my diet ? What do I substitute my diet with ?

I am not sure if my being a vegetarian (I dont ingest any animal kingdom) made it more difficult or easy. But I can tell you with certainty that the steps I took to change the things I eat and how much I eat altered my eating style all together. I lost over 30 lbs in 12 months . I could run 20 miles a week. The best part is that I could sustain my weight loss, and feel happy about the positive effects to my health.

My objective was never was to do this weight loss in anticipation of a year end wedding or party where I would go crazy and eat myself sick. I just wanted to feel better , happy and stay healthy.

Think about it...how many times have you heard of someone falling sick by eating less ?

No comments:

Post a Comment