Friday, April 12, 2013

Water solves post running hip pain

I have been averaging 18-21 miles of jog/run per week for the past 5 years now. Occasionally I will push and do about 10 miles (on tar roads). I have no training on all the required stretches etc so pretty much I just run. The 10 mile run never gave me hip pain. But one day  I grew ambitious and ran 14.6 miles. And then it started....hip pain on both sides...I thought the first few days post running was normal since I had not run that long a distance but the pain never really went away. I even had trouble sleeping on my side. I stopped running for about 2 months. Even half a mile would increase the pain.

Since I am not the one to pop medicines like peppermint (since I also run www.medicalsidefx.org) I decided hot and cold packs...temporary relief but the pain would come back....Then I read something on hydration helping with joint pain.

I started drinking about 3-4 liters of water every day and after about 2 weeks my pain began to subside. Today I ran 5 miles and no joint pain...

H2O...Simple molecule....but a cure and the giver of life ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment